Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Poor Mac

Poor Mac is now at the veterinarian's. He didn't know what was going on this morning. I didn't feed him and he just cried and cried. You know, I told him that he would be a lot better off without any food for now. I know he could be sick if he had food on his stomach after his surgery was over. Of course, he doesn't understand. It occurred to me that we're like that too. We beg and plead for something, asking God over and over in our prayers and He says not yet, it wouldn't be good for you now. Like me, with Mac, I know that it isn't good for him now but later I'll answer his pleading because then it will be the right time. The same with God, He knows when the right time is for what we're asking for. Sometimes it could be no, not at all but other times, it's be patient I know when the right time is and you will surely receive it. I'm glad He can see what's ahead and when it's the right season for what we're asking. Praise you Jesus in your ultimate wisdom.

Mac isn't coming back home until tomorrow morning. It's a nice break but I do miss his bullishness, well maybe.

Vicki

3 comments:

Jessie said...

hey I've discovered you! you are so right - I think the same thought with my kiddos quite a bit...I'll say something to them about needing to learn patience or telling them that they need to follow me because I know how to handle something better and I can totally feel God whisper to me that He tells me the same things.

Hope Mac pulls through it all really quick and is up and at 'em again in no time!

Mom H said...

Hey Vicki, I'm here too. Love reading your thoughts, and you have some really good ones. Keep up the good work. Praying that Monday goes very well.

vicki sue said...

Wow, you must be really good at hide and seek! It's so true and God just whispered that to me when poor Mac was sitting and whining. He knows what tomorrow holds. I just keep forgetting.

Mac is doing well, just a little sore.