Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mac gets a bath! Oh boy.

Mac is our english bull dog. "Bull" is a very appropriate part of their name. He's good at the
"bull" in his name. He's as solid as a brick building and you'd better have treats to move him. Food is very important to Mac and he will do anything for a treat, even if the treat belongs to you or a grandchild, watch out, because Mac will get it!

He got a bath today. Oh boy, did he get a bath! Or did I get one? You couldn't tell by looking at us which one was intended for the bath and which one was supposed to be the giver of the bath. Now, he has had baths before, he is 9 months old but these baths were outside in a tub in the nice warm sunshine. It's too cold for that now and so he got his first one in the house, in our bathtub. (I don't know but he might have to stink for the rest of the winter). It took all the muscle my husband had to lift him into the tub and it took all my body parts to keep him in it. We got him soaped down fine but then I used a coat whitening soap for his tear stains and around the rest of his face. This stuff is purple and as runny as water! It helped, I even think it helped to remove any tear stains I might have had. Purple blotches, wet pants, wet shirt but thankfully, since I have a very small amount of hair, no wet hair. (There is good in all things, even no hair).

The big reason for the bath? Now, don't tell him because I want to be able to find him on tuesday. He's going to be so excited. ha. The poor guy is being neutered on tuesday. He doesn't have a clue of what's going to happen and we like to keep him that way. I'll pay for it anyway, after it's all done, and he starts his "bulling". I wouldn't trade him for anything, well, ask me the next time I'm getting ready to give him a bath. Seriously, we do love him, he's funny and he's more work than a little kid. Maybe I should look for a bulldog sitter? The occasional break.

May you know the peace and love of Christ, our Savior.

Vicki

No comments: