Saturday, November 22, 2008

Chemo on monday

Monday is looming large in my mind. It's getting really close and the closer it gets, the larger monday gets.

I start back on chemo on monday and it's not the same as in the past. I have gone through all the new chemos they have for me right now and so, I'm going back to an old chemo. I had a severe reaction to it the last time it was given to me. So, I'm going to be put through a desensitization process. ( I can't pronounce that very well, and I don't think I spelled it right, but you know what I mean) The chemo infusion will last approximately 7 hrs. That sounds like a long day to me. Plus, I found out earlier this week that I may need to give myself insulin. I have a small blood sugar problem but with the high doses of steriods I'll be getting, it may become a big problem. The last few days have been spent learning when to give myself insulin and how to give myself insulin. I've got my mind wrapped around that and I can do it. There's only one way I can do it though. With my Father right there beside me. Otherwise, I'm overwhelmed and underequipped. He's been reminding me that there is no where I can go that He won't be there. He goes before me, behind me and shelters me under His wings. That is such a comfort! The thought of being sheltered under His wings is awesome. It just sounds so right and feels even better. I am looking forward to what God will be teaching me through this next challenge. I'm not looking forward to the chemo and the possibility of insulin shots. He has taught me so much but I know I still have a lot more to learn. Praise You Father!

A Mac update. He is doing great. Thankfully he slept a lot when he came home but now he's his usual ornery self. He was just eating a plate and didn't understand why he couldn't keep it. I think maybe I'd better go, he might be eating the couch now. Did I mention he likes to chew?

While we're gone, he's getting to stay with my parents. (They're actually excited about that, we'll see what they think when we get back.)

Love, vicki

1 comment:

Mom H said...

Know that you are high on my prayer list. Thanks for the lesson on faith. You are an awesome example.

Love you bunches.
Carolyn