Sunday, January 18, 2009

A POOR LISTENER

Earlier I mentioned that I hadn't been feeling too well. One problem I am having is a very tight feeling in my stomach. Like I am eating too much and can't get any relief from it. I keep hoping the doctor has a pill or something to help me. It's just making me miserable. I'm up late again feeling that way and God has a way of talking to me at times like this, if I choose to listen. This evening I am listening. I'm depending on the wrong person or thing to help me. I knew that but I wasn't listening. "COME TO ME, ALL OF YOU WHO ARE TIRED AND HAVE HEAVY LOADS, AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST." MATTHEW 11:28 I'm sorry Lord, I am not a very good listener. My doctor is only human, he can't work miracles but You can and do. All I need is You Lord.

Satan is very good at blinding me to what I need and who to listen to. No matter how I feel, I can't quit reading my bible. His Word is alive and talking to me but I don't hear it if I don't read it.

That's all I want to say for now.

In Christ, Vicki

2 comments:

Mom H said...

Some very good thought for me on the Monday morning. Hope you are feeling better soon. And thanks for the reminder to listen. :)

Brook said...

Amen!

I am sorry you aren't feeling well, but glad to hear that you are drawing near to the Lord.