Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Being humbled

My chemo went well. No reactions of any kind and I was able to go home at the end of the day. Praise the Lord! Isn't it funny how something that can loom so large in your head can be brought down to size? The Lord is so good, He just takes all your worry and makes it so small you wonder what in the world was the big deal. I even gave myself insulin shots and had no problems with that.

I think I have my hardest lesson yet to learn though. How to take help without falling apart. I must have a lot of pride and God is going to humble me through this. People will want to help and I tell them oh no, I can do it, I can handle it and now I see there are times I need help and it's very humbling to accept and accept graciously. Thankfully, the Lord is with me and He will see me through. This is going to be "beyond myself" for sure.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

yay for a good chemo - that sounds weird to say "good" and "chemo" in the same sentence, but you know what I mean...

and I am glad you are learning to take some help...because in letting other people help you, you are allowing them receive the blessing of doing so. wish I was closer to be one of those helpers.